Wingchere Abbey

Wingchere Abbey is a monastery situated on the top of Scheddelsted hill in the city of Lutheria. The abbey was constructed on a sacred site where St. Mary's Chapel now stands. It is unclear which deity or object was venerated at this site. Nowadays, the hill serves as a place of worship for people of all faiths, and the hill and abbey are often referred to as the Hill or Monastery of All Saints.

Wingchere Abbey has two sections: the Cathedral Dom Káerdos and Monk's Court, which serves as the residences for the priests, monks, nuns, and other religious leaders who reside at the abbey.

The origins of the name "Wingchere" are unknown. Some believe that the word is a combination of the English words "Wing" and the Middle-English word "chere", derived from "scheren", which is also a Dutch word meaning "to cut with a sharp edge". Consequently, Wingchere is believed to have something to do with cutting a wing. The word "chere" can also be derived from the French word "chére" which means "dear" or "beloved", possibly indicating "beloved wing".

On a heraldic stone, positioned on a wall of St. Mary's Chapel, an depiction of wings can be found

Name:
Wingchere Abbey
Type:
Abbey
World:
Coördinates:
Owner:
No items found.
No items found.

Religious Seats

No items found.

Residents

No items found.

Events

1800
No items found.
^

Artwork

No items found.
issued in
1868